Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Nails

Hello everyone!

I'm super proud of myself because I actually managed to do some Halloween nails and post them BEFORE Halloween!

This is a fun design that I thought up using some inspiration from different nail designs I've seen lately and putting them together!

Here is the finished look!


What you need:
  •  Base Coat (I use Avon Nail Experts Ridge Filling Base Coat)
  • A slightly tinted neutral color (I used Sally Hansen Beyond Perfect in Sheer White Tea)
  • Purple polish (I used one from Sally's)
  • Green polish (I used a Sally Hansen Insta-Dry)
  • Orange polish (I used an Art Deco detailing polish)
  • Black polish (I used Art Deco)
  • Top coat (I use Seche Vite)
  • Detailing brush and dotting tool (I picked this one up from Avon for 99 cents) 


Step 1. Paint on your base coat and let dry.
 
Step 2. Pain two of your fingers with your tinted/neutral polish. I painted my pointer finger and my ring finger. These will be the fingers you do your dotted "french manicure" on.


Step 3. On your other 3 fingers, take your detailing brush and paint two orange shapes. I tried to make them square, but keep in mind that this doesn't ave to be perfect!


Step 4. Now do the same thing with your green, leaving enough room to make at least one section of your purple.


Step 5. Now fill in the rest of the area with your purple.

Step 6. Now draw lines on all of the borders. (This will cover any lines that weren't straight) 
 


Step 7. Paint little "stitches" along all of the lines you just painted.




 
Step 8. Paint some random orange dots concentrated on the top half of your pointer and ring fingers.

 

Step 9. Do the same thing with your green. Don't be afraid to overlap!


Step 10. And do the same with your purple!

 
Add your favorite top coat and you're done!





I chose not to do a gel manicure simply because I'd prefer not to have Halloween nails a week after Halloween!

Let me know what you guys think!

Recreations? #countryclassdiy
Pinterest
Tumblr
Want to buy Avon?











No comments:

Post a Comment