Monday, January 5, 2015

Burgundy and Gold Fall Nails

Hey everyone!
 
I'm back at it again today! I have to say, I'm on fire lately! I launched the first few items in my online store, which you can check out here. I also got some new tires put on my NEW car (yes, I finally found one) and I successfully got through Christmas and new year!
 
Now, with that said and done, I realized I am really out of season with this post. But, I have to post it sooner or later, so here it is! I did these nails this fall and was in love with the colors. The leaves could use some work, but hey, at least they're cute!
 
Here is the finished look (Sorry for the terrible clean up. YIKES!)
 
 
What you need:
  •  Base coat (Avon Ridge Filling Base Coat)
  • Gelous
  • Top Coat (Seche Vite)
  • Burgundy Polish (Ulta)
  • Gold Polish (Ulta)
  • Dotting tool (I got mine from Avon)
  • Chevron Nail Vinyls (Get them here)
**Both Ulta Polishes are unnamed. Also, I pictured a Matte topcoat but I didn't actually use it.


Step 1. Paint 4 of your nails burgundy and 1 gold.


Step 2. Paint a second coat.


Step 3. Place an oval shaped spot on your thumb with your dotting tool.


Step 4. Add a second oval on the side of the first


Step 5. Add a third oval and a line at the bottom and you have a leaf! Add 1 or 2 more leaves depending on the size of your nail!


Step 6. If desired, place different sized dots around the leaves.


Step 7. Now paint a leaf on your ring finger.


Step 8. Pick one of your burgundy nails and once fully dry, place 2 or 3 chevron vinyls on it.
**I stick them to my hand a few times first so they are less likely to peel off my polish**


Step 9. Paint a coat of your gold polish over that.


Step 10. Right after painting on your gold polish, remove the vinyls. If you have any issues with peeled polish, just touch up with a touch up brush!


I hope you all had a great holiday season and I look forward to sharing many more awesome tutorials with you!

Recreations? #countryclassdiy
Follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr
Shop my stores: Avon and Storenvy











No comments:

Post a Comment