Monday, January 12, 2015

Mix and Match Camouflage Nails









Hello again!

I have so many things to post that are older than this tutorial, but I have been so excited to try out these nails that I had to share them with you all!

I've been planning on doing these nails for like 6 months or more, but I could never find the perfect dark green polish. Well, my little sister finally found one and bought it for me for Christmas and I could barely contain myself!

Here is the completed look:
 
 



What you need:
  • Base Coat (Avon Ridge Filling Base Coat)
  • Top Coat (Seche Vite)
  • Matte Top Coat (NYC)
  • Gelous (Optional)
  • Black Polish (Wet n' Wild Black Creme)
  • Black nail art polish (optional)
  • Dark green polish (Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir)
  • Light Brown/Nude Polish (Avon Gel Finish Barely There)
  • Brown Polish (Sinful Colors Nirvana)
  • Small Single Chevrons (Purchase Here)
  • Dotting tool




Step 1. After applying your base coat, apply a coat of your dark green polish. I only needed 1 coat.







Step 2. Once your first coat is dry, take your dotting tool and place some lines of your tan color on two of your nails.


Step 3. Do the same with your dark brown color.




Step 4. Now add some black, make sure you can still see some of the green.



Step 5. Take 2 of the single chevron vinyls and place them on one of your nails as shown below.



Step 6. Now paint the area between the vinyls black and remove them right after.

Step 7. Paint over everything with a matte top coat and you're done!


If you want to know how to do a DIY gel manicure that can last up to 14 days, go here

 Side note: I would not recommend the NYC matte top coat. It seems to "wash off" after you wash your hands. I have had many people suggest Sally Hansen's, so once I get some more money, I'm going to try that out! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr Check out my Avon store! Check out my shop on storenvy Recreations? #countryclassdiy

No comments:

Post a Comment