Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chevron and Flower Toes

Hello again!
 
Against all odds, I'm back and posting! My life has pretty much caved in on me these last few days, with my major car troubles to scheduling issues, but I managed to stay afloat!
 
This is a design I did about a month or so ago and I absolutely love it!
 

What you need:
  •  Black Polish (I used one from Art Deco)
  • Base coat (I used Avon's ridge filling base coat)
  • Dark Purple (I used Essie's No More Film)
  • Light Purple (I used Essie's Lilacism)
  • White ( I used OPI Alpine Snow)
  • Top coat (I use Seche Vite)
  • Gold polish (I used one from Ulta)
  • Dotting tool
  • Chevron Vinyls (You can get them here)
  •  
 




Step 1. Apply your base coat.
 
Step 2. Paint your toes, alternating white and your purple.


Step 3. Paint all of the white toes except your big toe with your light purple.


Step 4. Now, take some vinyls, I used 2, and place them on your had to take away some of the stickiness. After doing this, line them up on your nail.


Step 5. Now paint with your purple over the vinyls and quickly remove them.
 
**Notice that my polish wasn't filly dry so some of it was pulled off. Don't be afraid because you can fix it!


**Take a detailing brush and some white polish to fix any smudges.


Step 6. Take your dotting tool and place 5 dots on your toe (I accidentally made my dots too big so I only got 4)


Step 7. Using your gold, place 3 or 4 small dots in the middle of the flower and one at the base of all of your other toes.


Step 8. Now add 2 small lines on two of the sides of your flower with your black polish.


Now clean around your toes and you're done!



I have to say, I absolutely love the vinyls from Miami Handjobs because they are so affordable and high quality! They also have a wonderful selection of vinyls which I will soon be buying more of. I just have to wait for this whole car trouble thing to pass so I can actually have money again.

If you want to shop her full store, go here.

If you would like to purchase any of the Avon products you see used in the blog, go here

Follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr

Recreations? #countryclassdiy












No comments:

Post a Comment