Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fourth of July Nails

Hey everyone!

I hope you all have a chance to relax tomorrow! Here's a quick, easy, and super cute patriotic nail art tutorial!


What you need:
     Silver glitter polish (I used silver glitter by nail art duo)
     Red nail polish (I used opi red and Art Deco red)
     Blue nail polish (I used Sally Hansen hard as nails peek-a-blue)
     White nail polish (I used opi alpine snow)
     Top/base coat (I use Essie all-in-one)
     A dotting tool
     Something to clean up with


Step 1. Paint your thumb and ring finger red. I only needed 1 coat.



Step 2. Paint your pointer and pinky blue. I used 2 coats for this.



Step 3. Paint your middle finger white. I used 2 coats.



Step 4. Paint a diagonal line with your silver glitter on each of your nails except for the middle finger. I did this in multiple steps because I was waiting for my other nails to dry.



Step 5. Using the dotting tool, place dots on one half of the nail with the other two colors.



Step 6. Take your blue and paint half of your middle finger nail diagonally with it. I free handed it but you could easily use some striping tape.

Step 7. With your glitter polish, draw a line between the 2 colors.



Step 8. With the small end of your dotting tool, place white dots on the blue part of the nail. 



Step 9. Take your red detailing polish and draw vertical lines on the white part.



And you're done!

Let me know what you guys think!

I hope you all have a wonderful fourth!

Follow me on Pinterest
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment