Thursday, August 14, 2014

DIY gel manicure wear test

Hello everyone!

Good news, tomorrow's Friday! I'm probably more excited about that than I should be, but oh well!

I know I posted my first DIY gel manicure last week, and now I wanted to share with you all how it lasted! My manicure lasted about 7 days before I couldn't bear it anymore. I was hoping it would last a bit longer, but I'm happy with 7 days, considering my manicures only usually last 2-3 days. Below are pictures from each of the 7 days!
 
Notice the spot where the glitter cme off on the thumb. I simply 
touched it up and applied more Gelous.
Once again, the glitter started chipping off on my thumb. Also, part
of the breast cancer ribbon on my ring finger chipped off. I
decided it was too far gone for touch ups and took it off right
after this picture.






Now, I was really hoping for my manicure to last more than 7 days, but I think there are a ton of factors that made it do what it did. For one, I think the thing that messed it up the most was the glitter. I'm not sure if I just didn't cover all of the edges or if glitter polish just doesn't work as well with the Gelous polish.
 
One thing I would like to point out is that the removal was super easy. There was no scraping off the glitter. It came right off. I peeled it off (bad habit, I know) but I also had some glitter that I removed with nail polish remover and it worked great!
 
Another factor could be that the pink polish I used is a dollar store polish, so that may have something to do with it as well.
 
Not to mention, my nails grow super fast. And as you can sort of see in the Day 7 picture, the polish grew out with my nails (which I liked). Most polishes tend to stay at the bottom of my nails as they grow and then the top of my nail sticks out and it looks terrible.
 
Down to the point, do I think this is worth the hype?
 
Honestly, I think this is a great option for a cheap gel manicure at home. I seriously put my nails through some crazy labor over the 7 days I had this manicure and I think it stayed on great for all of that. I pulled weeds, got squash and cucumbers out of the garden, baked banana bread, and chased my little cousin around the house.
 
I would definitely recommend trying this manicure out, and I have already tried it again! This time, I used an Essie polish and no glitter. So that post will be up soon!
 
Follow me on Pinterest
 
Post recreations to : #countryclassdiy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment