Monday, August 4, 2014

Aztec Toenails

Hello everyone and happy Monday!
 
So I did this design on my toes a few weeks back and wanted to share it with you all since I got tons of comments on it!
 
It's easy and quick and great for the summer!
 
Below is the finished look:
 

What you need:
  •  4 main colors of nail polish. I Used
    •  Essie Butler Please (Royal Blue)
    •  Essie Lilacism (Light purple)
    •  Essie Stroke of Brilliance (Glitter)
    •  LA Colors Pink-A-Boo (Pink)
  • White nail polish. I used OPI Alpine Snow
  • White and black decorating nail polishes. I Use Art Deco ones that I got from the dollar store.
  • A base and top coat. I Use Essie's All-in-one
  • A dotting tool
  •  Striping tape (Make your own here)
  •  
 
 
Step 1. Paint your first coat of each color.


Step 2. Paint a second solid coat on every nail but the big toe.
 
Step 3. Take one or two of your pieces of striping tape (depending on how thick you want your white area) and stick them to your hand once then onto your COMPLETELY DRY  nail in the middle.
 
 
 Step 4. Paint one of your main colors above the tape and the other below.

Step 5. Remove the tape while the polish is still wet or you will have a disaster on your hands.





As you can see, I did two different color combinations on each foot. Be creative and do what you think will look best!

Step 6. Using your black detailing polish, paint two horizontal lines where your colors meet.

Step 7. Now paint 2 more horizontal lines along the top colored portion of one of your toe nails.

Step 8. Paint a zig-zag pattern on your middle color portion.

Step 9. Now use the small end of your dotting tool to place dots in the top triangles.

Step 10. Take your white sdetail polish and make a single white line in your bottom color.

Step 11. Take one of the colors you didn't use and place 4 small dots below the line.

Step 12. Once again, use your black polish to create 2 horizontal lines where your colors meet.

Step 13. Now take your dotting tool and one of the colors you didn't use and place dots in the middle section.

Step 14. Take your white polish and create a zig zag design on the top portion of your nail.

Step 15. PLace a single horizontal black line on the bottom color.

Step 16. Add your top coat and you're done! One tip I do have with the top coat is, try and go in the same direction your lines are to avoid smudging or smearing.


















 
 
In other news, I will soon be trying out a DIY Gel Manicure and am super excited to share my results with you all!
An update on Mollie for anyone who is wondering, she no longer hates me and she's back to her crazy self!
Send me any requests you might have through email or a comment!
Follow me on Pinterest
Post recreations to #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment