Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY Honey Spot Treatment

Hello again!
 
I've been super busy lately looking for a car (I finally found one) and I'm also starting my own store on storenvy.com to sell scarves and stuff!
 
Here is a review/test that I've been promising you for who knows how long! I'm finally going to tell you about the DIY honey spot treatment I've been trying out.
 
What you need
  •  Organic honey (I used the stuff from my local Meijer, because that's what we had!)
  • Q-tips
  • Gauze/band-aids (optional)
 
I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the strange faces in some of these pictures. I never know what to do with my face, and I don't want to look angry.
 
This is what my face looked like the day I started using this spot treatment:
 

To use this, simply take a Q-tip and get a small mount of honey on it. Then cover any pimples with the honey. You can then cover those spots with cut up gauze or band aids. Then go to sleep!
 
I used the gauze the first few times, but it kept falling off while I was sleeping and I would find it all over my room. So now I just put the honey on and go to bed. It's much easier!
 
What my face looked like with the gauze and honey:
 

This is a week or so later and you can see that the larger pimples have started to fade:


This is a little over a month after I started using this method:


Unfortunately, I stopped taking progress pictures, but as you can see, the honey treatment really helped my skin.
 
I will say that you do have to be persistent with it because it won't really help you if you don't keep on it.
 
I have since switched my skincare routine and began using an Avon face wash line, which has substantially helped to get rid of my acne. You can try it out here. The great news is that it is currently ON SALE for $19.99 which is a great deal!
 
I now use honey as a spot treatment whenever I get a problem pimple and it still works great!
 
Let me know what skin care tricks you use!
 
Follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr
Shop my Avon store here
Once it's up and running, you can shop my storenvy store here
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment