Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Navy and Glitter Nails

Hello everyone!
 
I want to apologize in advance for the terrible final picture of this manicure! I literally have no clue why I thought it looked good! Terrible clean up on my part!
 
Enough of that, though! Yesterday, I was rear ended on my way to work and things aren't looking good for my beloved Escape, so how appropriate that this post features it's steering wheel as a background?
 
I did this manicure a few months back and it's super simple, but I absolutely love this color from Essie called No More Film!

What You Need:
  •  Top coat (I use Seche Vite)
  • Base color (Essie No More Film)
  • Glitter Topper (Essie Stroke of Brilliance)
  • Base coat (Avon Ridge Filling Base coat)
  • Gelous Nail Gel


I'm not going to go through and tell you step by step how to paint your nails, since this manicure is so simple, but below, I will tell you my fool proof method of getting your nails to last 12 days or more!








To get your nails to last with Gelous, I have found the best method to be as follows:
 
Step 1. Paint a base coat of your choice. My current favorite is the ridge filling base coat from Avon. You can purchase it here.
 
Step 2. Paint one thin coat of your base color. Let dry.
 
Step 3. Paint a thin layer of Gelous. Let dry.
 
Step 4. Paint another layer of your base polish (if needed). Let dry.
 
Step 5. This step is optional, but if you're doing and designs, do those now. Let dry.
 
Step 6. Paint a layer of your top coat. Let dry. (A fast drying top coat like Seche Vite works best!)
 
Step 7. Paint one last layer of Gelous and let dry.
 
Below is my wear test of this manicure using this process:
 

As you can see, by say 7, there was minimal wear to the tips.


By day 12, I had to take it off because of how much my nails had grown out and I personally can't stand when my nail polish chips, so I started peeling it. Bad habit, I know!



I absolutely love this method and hopefully you all do too! Don't worry, I have plenty of tutorials to come! Hopefully I'll figure my car situation out!

Let me know what you think in the comments section!

Recreations? #countryclassdiy

Follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr

Shop my Avon site here







No comments:

Post a Comment