Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Yellow and Gold Nail Art

Hello Everyone!

I've been super busy with work and my little cousin's birthday party last weekend, but I'm finally getting around to posting a tutorial on how I created my nails from last week!

Below is the finished product:


I got my inspiration from this pin, but decided to mix it up a little bit by using yellow and gold instead of the teal and silver.


What you need:
  •  White Nail Polish (I used OPI Alpine Snow)
  • Yellow Nail Polish (I used a Sally's Brand)
  • Clear Base/Top Coat (I use Essie All-in-One)
  • Gold Nail Polish (I used one from Ulta)
  • Striping tape (To make your own go here)
  • Vaseline
  • Q-Tips   


Step 1. Using a Q-Tip, put Vaseline around your nails. This is optional, but I do it to make cleanup easier.

Step 2. After allowing your base coat to dry, paint one coat of your colors. I did yellow on my thumb, middle finger, and pinky. Gold on my pointer. White on my ring.
***I did not put a white coat under my yellow, but I would suggest it so you don't have to put as many coats on***

Step 3. Continue doing 1 coat at a time until the color is opaque. I ended up doing 3 coats with my yellow, 2 with my white, and 1 with my gold.


Step 4. Take your nail striping tape and place it on your white nail to create parallell horizontal stripes. I don't like my nails too long, so I could only fit 2 stripes. If your nails are longer, just add more stripes!
***You have to make sure the polish is EXTREMELY dry. This is the hardest part for me because I am impatient, but it's the only way to avoid messing up the polish***
***Something else that helps is to stick the "tape" to your hand first to make it a bit less sticky.


Step 5. Paint one stripe yellow and one gold. If you have more than 2 stripes, just do yellow, gold, yellow. After you paint each stripe, peel the tape off immediately.

Step 6. Once your nails are fully dry, cover with your top coat and you are done!


I hope you guys love this as much as I do! Let me know your thoughts and I'd love to see recreations!

I have plenty more tutorials that I will be posting as soon as I have a chance!

Go check out my Pinterest: pinterest.com/delainalyn

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment