Thursday, May 29, 2014

Purple Rose Toe Nails

Hello Everyone!

It seems like it's been forever since I've posted something! Well, I painted my nails again and thought I'd share this cute, easy, and springy design with you!
(Sorry for my sunburnt feet!)


 
What you need:
 
  • A dotting tool
  • Green nail polish (I used Art Deco)
  • White nail polish (I used Art Deco)
  • Dark pink nail polish (I used Art Deco)
  • Light pink nail polish (I used an Ulta one)
  • Top/Base coat (I used Essie All in One)
  • Purple nail polish (I used Essie Lilacism)
























Before I paint my nails, I always take Vaseline and put it around my nails for easy clean up.

Step 1. Put on your clear base coat

Step 2. Paint your base color. I use a white under this particular color because it makes it more vibrant. I used OPI's white
 

 Step 3. Paint on the color your "main" color, in my case, Essie's Lilacism. Use as many coats as you need. I used 2.  

This is just demonstrating how it looks with a second coat:
 
Step 4. On your big toe, use a detailing brush and white polish to make some vertical stripes.
 
Step 5. With the large end of your dotting tool, place some of the dark pink polish in a circle on your toe.
 
Step 6. With the smaller end of the dotting tool, take the light pink polish and swirl it a little.
 
Step 7. Take your green polish and add 2 leaves on each side of the flower.
 



Let it dry and put your clear top coat on then clean the edges and you're all set!


I am currently sporting this pedicure and got tons of compliments on it at work today!

Try it out and let me know how you guys do!

Also, find me on Pinterest
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment