Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY Nail Striping Tape


Hello everyone and happy Monday!

I hope you all had a spectacular weekend and spent Sunday pampering your mothers! I know I did! I had promised my mom I'd paint her toenails yesterday but the day got the best of me and I ran out of time! So today I was browing Pinterest for some cute Spring nail art and realized that I really should have some nail striping tape since Scotch tape and I don't have a very good relationship when it comes to nails. Then I realized that I'm broke and I really don't want to wait for something to be shipped to me anyway!

So, I turned to Google. This is when I realized that there really aren;t that many tutorials out there on how to create your own nail striping tape. This led me to create one. And the best part, it cost me $0 to do this!

What you need:
Address labels (any size)
A papercutter (or scissors)
Something to store them in

So, step 1, get your address labels. I used some that were lying around (Avery 1/2"x13/4'). At first, I though drawing some lines would help me to cut (hence the black lines on the side) then I realized that it was sort of pointless and I just free handed it. So, if it's easier for you, draw the guiding lines. Otherwise, you can just wing it!



Step 2, Take your paper cutter, or scissors and begin cutting! Make sure your labels are lined up so you can get as straight a line as possible. You can cut them whaterver sizes you want. I am going to do half of the sheet with smaller ones and the other half with larger.


And this is what you come up with:



This is super easy and much cheaper than buying the nail striping tape from the store! I haven't tried them out yet, but I will surely be posting a tutorial soon on how to use them to create cute, springy designs!

Enjoy your day!

~Delaina

Find me on Pinterest: pinterest.com/delainalyn
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment