Monday, May 19, 2014

Consumer Warning: Old Spice Pure Sport Men's Deodorant

Hello everyone!
 
I know this is not a DIY post, but I thought I should get this out to the public so this doesn't happen to anyone else!
 
About a week ago, I bought my boyfriend, Tommy, a 2-pack of this Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant. He has used Old Spice products before and was pleased, so he figured he would try this kind. Well, on Saturday night (5/17/2014) I noticed that his armpits were all red and blotchy. Upon closer inspection, I also noticed that they were peeling. Look below to see the pictures:
 


 
This is gross, I know, but this is a chunk of the skin that came from his armpit.
 
 
Here is a picture of one of his armpits:



And here is his other armpit. Notice the redness:



Here is a closeup of a scab from the burn/ rash he has in his armpit:

 
After seeing this happen, I told him to stop using the deodorant immediately. I also decided I was going to submit a complaint because this should NOT be happening when using deodorant. Now, I try not to be one of those crazy people when I get upset about something because I work in insurance and deal with being yelled at on a daily basis. So, I sent a polite email requesting that something be done to fix this problem. Today, I got an email back from Old Spice apologizing for our bad experience. They then continued to tell me that if the product is used right, nothing should happen. This honestly infuriated me. It's deodorant. He just put it on his armpits and it burned him. Personally, I don't see how he did anything wrong.
 
After telling me that, they told me they sent me 2 replacement coupons. Why exactly do I want coupons for something that just burnt my boyfriend's armpit? So, I replied, requesting that something else be done and I sent them pictures of his burnt and peeling armpits.
 
Nedless to say, we won't be buying this deodorant anymore. I'll keep you updated on what happens. Just beware!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment