Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Failures and the Successes (DIY Mom Canvas)

Hello everyone and happy Hump Day!

I know when I posted my last blog a few days ago I told you that I would soon be posting a tutorial on a nail design with the DIY striping tape...Well, that didn't happen. I attempted to do a cute chevron design on my toes and completely failed...So, I'll keep working on perfecting my use of striping tape, but for now, here is another DIY canvas!

I made this one for my mom, Nancy, to give her mom (my grandma), also Nancy, for Mothers Day and she absolutely loved it! I created this before I created this blog, so I don't have progress pictures, but this is super simple, so hopefully you can all get the hang of it with my completed pictures!!

Tools:
  • Canvas (I used 16x20)
  • Paint brush (Small for details)
  • Large sponge (I got mine from Wal-mart)
  • Paints


Before I start, I just want to give credit to my inspiration for this project. I was browsing pinterest for cute canvas ideas for my grandma and came upon this canvas and my mom and I instantly fell in love! This canvas is no longer available for purchase, but was made by PrairieBoutique on Etsy.



Now, the creation of this simple and sweet canvas!

Step 1: Paint your canvas using your sponge and whatever color paint you chose for the background. I used a beige color. Let the paint dry for a few hours or overnight.

Step 2: Use a ruler or straight edge (I used a piece of paper) to paint the words on in a straight line. I freehanded the words because I felt that it gave the canvas more character, but you can certainly print the letters and transfer them with ink like I did here.

Step 3: If your words aren't showing up too well, simply go over them again.



And ta-da!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Delaina

Find me on Pinterest: pinterest.com/delainalyn
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment