Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rose and Polka Dot Nail Art

Hello everyone!

Since I have more time now, I have been painting my nails more frequently! I finally decided I would try my hand at a rose design and it turned out really well! Below is the completed look:

So, want to know how to complete this look? Keep reading! 

First, the materials. 
  • Base color (I used Maybelline                         Color Show Impeccable Greys)
  • Two accent colors for the dots (I used a pink Art Deco one and Essie "Butler Please")
  • A red polish for the roses (I used a red Art Deco)
  • A pink polish with detail brush
  • A green polish with detail brush
  • Matte top coat
  • A dotting tool (a bobby pin works too)
  • Q-tips
  • Vaseline
  • A stick to clean up with
  • A base coat

Everything I used is pictured below:








This is what I use to clean up. You can easily use an orange stick, paint brush with nail polish remover, or Q-tip with nail polish remover.



Now, let's start!

Step 1. Take a q-tip and dip it in Vaseline, carefully apply the Vaseline around your nails. This makes for a really simple clean up! If you get it on the nail, just wipe it off and keep going.

Step 2. Paint your nails with your clear base coat and wait for them to dry. (I didn't include it in the pictures but I used an Essie one)

Step 3. Once the base coat is dry, paint 2-3 coats of your base color. I used 2. 



Step 4. Next, take your pink polish and your dotting tool and using the smaller dotter, place vertical dots on each nail except for the ring finger. I got between 3 and 5 dots on each nail.


Step 5. Now, take your blue and do the same thing next to the pink dots. Sorry for the horrible picture.


Step 6. Now, use he larger side of the dotter and your red polish and create 2 circles by the base of your nail. They don't ahve to be perfect circles, but they should at least resemble a circle!

Step 7. Now take your pink detailing polish and do a few small swirls within the circle, creating a rose effect.

Step 8. Take your green detailing polish and add 2 leaves to each rose (sorry, you can't really see this in the picture I took)


Step 9. Cover with your matte top coat and let it dry!


I absolutely love this nail art and can't seem to stop admiring it. Hopefully you guys love it too! I would love to see recreations and hear how you like this look!

Have a wonderful day!

Delaina

Find me on Pinterest: pinterest.com/delainalyn
Hashtag recreations to: #countryclassdiy for a chance to be featured on the blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment